- 500 g self-rising flour
- 25 g white sugar
- 135 g shortening
- 475 ml buttermilk
- Sift together the flour and sugar in a large bowl. Cut in the shortening until the mixture has a fine crumb or cornmeal texture. Stir in the buttermilk with a fork until a soft dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, pulling off any pieces sticking inside the bowl. Gather dough into a ball and knead about 20 times, until smooth and elastic. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Working on a floured surface, roll or pat the dough out to 1 inch thickness. Cut into rounds with a 2 inch biscuit cutter, or the floured rim of a glass, by pressing straight down and up. Twisting the cutter will prevent the biscuits from rising as high. Place biscuits about 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet, and allow to rest a few minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Buttermilk biscuit..., kalau baru matang plus butter and honey...duh rasanya enaaak sekali...atau di kombinasi dengan gravy juga maknyus.