Easy Black Forest cake recipe made with a cake mix, cherry pie filling, and whipped cream, along with Kirsch and shaved chocolate.
- 1 chocolate cake mix, 2-layer size
- 2 cups whipping cream or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 ounce shaved semisweet chocolate
Preparation:Prepare chocolate cake following directions on package, making 2 round 9-inch layers. Cool cake thoroughly.
In a small bowl, beat the cream with the confectioners' sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form.