- 200 g long beans (Kacang Panjang)
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
- 200 ml thick coconut milk
- 400 ml light coconut milk or you can substitute with 200 ml water
- 2 cm fresh galangal
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leafs (daun jeruk purut)
- 1 Salam leaf (or you can substitute with Bay leaf)
- Sugar to taste
- 2 red chillies
- 2 green chillies
- 5 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- A pinch of dried shrimp paste (terasi/balacan), toasted - optional
- Salt and sugar to taste
1. Grind or blend the spice paste. Then sauté until it's fragrant and add the galangal, kaffir lime leafs and salam leaf.
2. Add the light coconut milk/water and sugar. Continue mixing for some minutes until all the spices absorbed.
3. Then put inside all the vegetables. Give some time to cook, and then add the thick coconut milk. Continue cooking until its boiling and the vegetables well-cooked.