Easter Morning, I decided to bake this delicious bread..., the result make me really Happy!! Yummy Whole Wheat Bread Raisin Loaf...soft in texture and the raisin give the sweetness touch to this Bread.
250g bread flour
125g whole wheat flour
60g dark brown sugar
4g instant active yeast
100ml evaporated milk
20g unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup organic black seedless raisins (optional)
- Mix all ingredients except butter & raisins in a large mixing bowl to form a soft dough. Knead the dough till it is not sticky, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add the unsalted butter in and continue to knead till the dough is shiny and elastic. To test if the dough is ready, pull a small piece off and stretching it with your fingers. If dough is very elastic and pulls to almost see through without breaking, then it's done.
- Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to proof for at least 90 minutes to 2hrs.
- Punch out the air in the dough and divide it into 3 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a long flat oval shape and sprinkle the raisins on the surface.if using. Then roll up one end.
- Placed the dough into a greased loaf tin and repeat with the rest of the 2 portions.
- Cover and let proof for another 1hr or till the loaf fills 90% of the tin.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush the top of loaf with remaining evaporated milk .
- Bake loaf in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes. If top browns too quickly, cover with aluminum foil till baking time is up.
- When done, take out from oven and let cool on rack before slicing.
- Enjoy!! Taste really good>