Since I don't have the Swiss cheese , I called it Mushroom and cheese burger...:)) still yummy with cheddar cheese.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 chopped onion
- salt n pepper to taste
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 6 slices Swiss cheese ( Cheddar cheese)
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef n chopped onion, seasoned with salt n pepper into six patties. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute mushrooms in drippings until tender.
- Combine Mushroom soup, mushrooms, and Worcestershire sauce in a pan. Put on the stove and let simmer.
- Top each patty with a slice of cheese. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand until cheese is melted. Serve on buns topped with mushrooms. Yield: 6 servings.