500 g puff pastry
1 cup of milk - preferably full cream
3 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup of sugar
6 egg yolks whisked
1) Cut the puff pastry into 12 equal parts and roll each one out to press into the muffin tray.
2) Dissolve cornstarch in the cold milk before cooking with sugar . Stir until mixture starts to thicken.
3) Stir some of the mixture into a bowl with the egg yolks and stir well before pouring the egg yolk mixture back into the pot. (Or just pour egg yolks straight into pot!)
4) Stir until the filling thickens further and add the vanilla essence. Remove from heat.
5) Spoon the filling into the pastry holes and bake at 190°C for 20 min or until browned on top.